Therapy Time


I know what you're thinking.  Thank goodness!  It's about time that girl got herself in therapy.  She sure as hell needs it.

But alas, you are wrong.

Per usual, I'm self therapizing, but this time, it's in a super healthy and wonderful way.

On Saturday I leave for a much awaited, excessively needed, and very exciting week long solo trip to Mexico for rest, relaxation, reflection, and healing.  Twice daily yoga, spa treatments, the beach.

In short, my personal heaven.

I originally had this trip booked for September 19.  That didn't work out.  So I rebooked for post holidays when I anticipated being more able to reflect, more willing to truly enjoy myself, more capable of having a quiet mind, and more ready to receive all of the healing benefits of salt, sweat, and sun.

I'm ready, friends.  I.  Am.  Ready.

I haven't felt this optimistic in quite some time.  Since before you know what.

I catch glimpses of this optimism in my daily practice sessions on my mat, breathing and believing in and actually experiencing the healing powers of yoga as my therapy.  But I'm counting on a big jump forward here, not just a baby step.  I want more of a Paul Bunyon, Jolly Green Giant step that will catapult me forward, across boundaries and through these murky waters of grief and uncertainty.

I want to be certain.  Sure.  Changed.  Unrealistic?  Quite possibly.  But if you know me, you know I don't mess around.  I'm going for it and when I go for it, I cannot be stopped.

I have high expectations.  Can't help it.  I'm seeking a totally transformative, soul quenching experience.

And I don't expect to be disappointed.

Live up to it, Tulum.  I'm really, really counting on you.

Namaste, y'all.  See you on the flip side.

Image Credit wikimedia.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shorts Under Dresses: An Underlying Issue

Three Years Today

That's Why We Have to Move